Image from Being Liberal fan page/Facebook

WELCOME! Good to have you here.


You have power. Use it wisely. Make it matter.

At Lucy Left you're encouraged to leave comments, keeping this request in mind: Say what you mean and mean what you say, just don't say it mean. Lucy's not a fan of vitriol. This is a place to find information and opinion, a place to have a laugh now and then and to feel less alone in the political madness.

Be well, speak up for what is right and true (even if your voice shakes), and come back soon!

Friday, August 30, 2013

A Speck of Light

Images from Syria can't be cloroxed from my consciousness .  I've obsessed over pros and cons of USA military action against this horrific use of chemicals to kill innocent humans.  Children.  Women, Men. Babies.  And I still have no answers.  I have gotten strong in my hopeful opinion that President Obama needs to call Congress back to debate this no-win situation.  Let them share the responsibility. Congressional Republicans are hoping he will take action after briefing them, without their returning to Washington for a vote, so they can blame him for all eternity, starting now.  For whatever happens.  It won't be good; there's no way it can be. 

 

In the midst of my hand-wringing yesterday  I came across this post on Facebook.  Thanks to Jeanne Porter Ashley for sharing it (creative credit is on the image).  It puts everything in perspective.  I'm not CEO of the world, after all.  To keep striving for all the answers is folly, at best.  Or madness.

 

I'm simply a speck of light.   A tiny part of the Universe.  And I will try to remember both—speck.  And light.  Especially the light.  All I can do is let that light shine in every situation and circumstance as best I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment