Image from Being Liberal fan page/Facebook

WELCOME! Good to have you here.


You have power. Use it wisely. Make it matter.

At Lucy Left you're encouraged to leave comments, keeping this request in mind: Say what you mean and mean what you say, just don't say it mean. Lucy's not a fan of vitriol. This is a place to find information and opinion, a place to have a laugh now and then and to feel less alone in the political madness.

Be well, speak up for what is right and true (even if your voice shakes), and come back soon!

Monday, October 20, 2014

This and That

"God is not afraid of new things."  And neither is Pope Francis.   He made that statement in relation to  homosexuality and homosexuals, a topic under scrutiny and discussion during a two-week summit at the Vatican.

 

I'm still madly in love with this man.  He's a gutsy fellow who shows that a person can practice humility and still exercise tremendous personal power.  This Pope has already taken the Catholic Church and its followers to levels of social progress that are almost unbelievable.   Who'd have dreamed....?  Stay tuned.  More to come, I feel sure.

 

                                                          *****& That*****

 

I'm wearing something brand new that I wouldn't trade or sell for anything.  A hint:  It's on my lapel.  A diamond broach?  No!  Not my style.  More precious than any gems to me.  Okay, I won't drag this out with guessing games.

 

Early voting isn't permitted in South Carolina.  Absentee voting, however,  is allowed for those qualifying under one of a number of prescribed requirements.  For example, one qualifier is caregiving.  Another is being 65 or more.  So...I voted today.  And I was happy to vote a straight Democratic ticket.  Happy and proud of the candidates I voted for.  It felt good walking out into the sweet autumn air and catching what felt like hope swirling in the breeze around me.  And the brand new bling on my lapel?  An "I voted" sticker.  

 

Go get your own sticker as soon as you can.  Early if you live in a state that allows early voting.  Absentee if you can qualify.  Take someone (or someones) with you!  We must have some  positive changes; it will take all our votes and all the votes we can make sure get cast by people we know.  Let's get it done.

 

Carpe Diem!


No comments:

Post a Comment