Image from Being Liberal fan page/Facebook

WELCOME! Good to have you here.


You have power. Use it wisely. Make it matter.

At Lucy Left you're encouraged to leave comments, keeping this request in mind: Say what you mean and mean what you say, just don't say it mean. Lucy's not a fan of vitriol. This is a place to find information and opinion, a place to have a laugh now and then and to feel less alone in the political madness.

Be well, speak up for what is right and true (even if your voice shakes), and come back soon!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Fearless Non-Resistance

Yesterday I wrote a poem.  Today I'll be busy with the collards and black-eyed peas and watching the University of South Carolina Gamecocks (hopefully) win some post-season game in Orlando.  But first I was ruminating on one of my favorite poets, Rumi.  He and I share the same birthday, different century.  (Rumi - ruminating.  I wonder . . .)  Here are some of his words of wisdom; they seem to fit the theme of "change" that accompanies the beginning of every new year. 



Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?”   ~   Rumi

          

Doesn't everybody resist change at one time or another—or nearly always?  I want to get better at simply surrendering to change.  That is, change that isn't clearly "bad" for me, but might scare me a little.  Or a lot.  I want to try letting life live through me.  Allow it to flow without blocking the life force with fears and excuses born from the fear.  Time to step up,  be braver.  To simply allow without trying to control.  Time to rethink running away.  To inhale change and exhale the crippling staleness of "I always have..." or, or, or.  You know the words you use.  I know the words I use to talk myself out of adventures.  Out of risk taking.  In the days ahead when I hear myself cranking up the excuses, I'll pay attention and invite the excuses to remove themselves from my mind.

 

How DO I know that the side I'm used to will be better than the one to come?  Only way to find out is to allow.  Give up resistance to change.  Maybe I'll do that.  Are you with me?

                                                            * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Wishing you fearless non-resistance to whatever change the "new" year brings, along with gratitude for enriching my life with your presence here.  LL

No comments:

Post a Comment