Image from Being Liberal fan page/Facebook

WELCOME! Good to have you here.


You have power. Use it wisely. Make it matter.

At Lucy Left you're encouraged to leave comments, keeping this request in mind: Say what you mean and mean what you say, just don't say it mean. Lucy's not a fan of vitriol. This is a place to find information and opinion, a place to have a laugh now and then and to feel less alone in the political madness.

Be well, speak up for what is right and true (even if your voice shakes), and come back soon!

Friday, November 30, 2012

Mr. Lincoln

No way I could resist.  Thanks to George Takei/Facebook.

 

Eager to see this, especially Daniel Day Lewis.  I understand Lincoln, the film,  is outstanding.  Don't tell me how it ends.  

 

UPDATE on November 30, 2012:  I drove up to Murrells Inlet, SC this morning for a 10:30 showing of Lincoln.  I like a matinee, but haven't sat in a movie theater before noon since I was a kid.  The fact I'd had breakfast only an hour earlier didn't keep me from paying a queen's ransom for a small popcorn and a Pepsi.  No way I can sit through even the best of films without a stop at the concession stand.

 

And this WAS one of the best films I've seen in a long time, one of the best ever.  Beautifully done.  The sets, costumes, casting,  actors, writing, lighting, cinematography  . . . .  I don't need to be clairvoyant to see a  truckload of awards for Spielberg's impeccable, spellbinding film.  Daniel Day Lewis was so compelling I'd forget he wasn't! the President.   I can't fault any of the cast.  Tommy Lee Jones was probably my favorite (after Lewis, I suppose) as Thaddeus Stephens, a man I admire and want to learn more about.  I'm a sucker for the legislative process and, when any significant vote is taken, I'm as excited as football fans in the last 5 minutes of a Superbowl when the score is tied.  Yep,  I'm 100%  G e e k and the vote on the 13th Amendment was nirvana.

 

Please get yourself to a theater for  this one.    No matter how big the home screen, I wouldn't have wanted to miss seeing it in the dark, no distractions, with about 20 other people.  Like the film itself, it just felt so right being there. 

I'd love for you to leave a comment about your own Lincoln experience. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment