Image from Being Liberal fan page/Facebook

WELCOME! Good to have you here.


You have power. Use it wisely. Make it matter.

At Lucy Left you're encouraged to leave comments, keeping this request in mind: Say what you mean and mean what you say, just don't say it mean. Lucy's not a fan of vitriol. This is a place to find information and opinion, a place to have a laugh now and then and to feel less alone in the political madness.

Be well, speak up for what is right and true (even if your voice shakes), and come back soon!

Friday, October 19, 2012

Wise Words from a Wise Young Woman

This, from fourteen-year-old Jenkins Fox, gives me hope.  I share her feeling of  liking the thought that some of my tax dollars are going to people who aren't as fortunate as I've been.  I'll never understand how people can grouse about that.  Read this and enjoy feeling really good about the upcoming generation. 

 

I have been raised in a liberal family, but I am also well educated about politics. My dad, has a brain injury and is suffering from long term dementia, he has been in a nursing home since november of last year, and will remain in there until he dies. He doesn't even remember my name, he can't walk very well, he is not mobile, he has to have assistance doing simple tasks. He can't talk, read, and write very well which is the most devastating out of all because that is his passion.
 I have friends that are homosexual and you know what; no one can tell them who to love. I have friends who's parents rely on welfare because this recession is so bad. I mean seriously come on, I think it is wonderful how people pay taxes and a fraction of that goes out to homeless, and less fortunate. I love going to sleep at night knowing that welfare is out there for poor people. Living in the UNITED states of America should mean that we all respect each other's rights and pitch in to help EVERYONE to be happy. No one should have the ability to take away or change Obama-care, I believe this because I know that medical bills are expensive, my family pays them for my dad, and if we were not as well off as we are, we could be struggling like many other families out there with similar stories but smaller incomes. Obama-care really helps. No one can tell my gay friends who they should love, and no one should have the power to take away welfare for struggling families in this recession.


No comments:

Post a Comment